SPINNING WHEEL

Spinning Wheel.JPG

This spinning wheel was in use in the early 1840s in Hastings County in Ontario. It was brought to Manitoba in 1910 and after that time was used by Mrs. A. L. Whyte to spin wool for the endless mitts, socks, and sweaters for her family of five boys and two girls. The donor's parents (Mr. & Mr. A. L. Whyte) moved to the Neepawa area from Ontario in 1905.
Donor: Mary Willey